Remote Backup for Business and Education
What is Secure Remote Backup?
Secure Remote Backup is the simplest and most secure system providing offsite backup of data held on servers, workstations, and laptops. Secure Remote Backup protects millions of files for schools and businesses every day by ensuring data is automatically saved to our secure offsite backup storage centre daily. The data is then mirrored online to a separate online data centre for added protection. We can easily recover the data to your system in the event of data loss or disaster recovery scenario.
Who are we?
Our online data backup service is provided by Classroom365. Based in South East London, Classroom365 provides ICT support and advice to a varied clientele of educational establishments across London and the Home Counties. We also provide offsite backup services to many small and medium businesses across the UK. Any business or school that has critical data that requires frequent backups will benefit from our fully managed service described in detail here.
Do you need Secure Remote Backup?
Secure offsite data backup is an essential element of any disaster recovery strategy. Many schools and businesses rely solely on tape or local USB backups that are performed as and when a tape is inserted, or a local USB drive is swapped over by a member of staff. Have you considered what happens if there is a fire, flood or theft and the tapes or backup drives are stolen, lost, or destroyed? Are the existing backups monitored and data on the tapes checked? In our experience we have seen backup tapes inserted and replaced without any data being written to the tapes whatsoever! The first task our staff do when visiting a new site is checking data integrity and if backups are taking place.
Check your backups immediately and contact us for advice.
Secure Remote Backup will recover lost data with a few clicks of the mouse. It is safe, hands free, cost effective and should be an essential part of your school or business disaster recovery strategy.
Who can use Secure Remote Backup?
Any school or business in the UK can use the Secure Remote Backup service for their managed online server backup as part of their disaster recovery strategy. If you need help with one of these, then please get in touch.
What do we do?
- Help you install the remote backup software yourselves or we can set it up for you via a remote session completely free of charge.
- Test and verify the data is backed up successfully or help you do this.
- Complete a test restore to verify the integrity of the backup if you would like us to.
- Monitor the online remote backup service and alert you in the unlikely event there is a problem. We know of no other company who do this.
- Secure Remote Backup has no access to your data as you will set your own encryption key which must be kept safe. We are able to see if a backup has been successful and are alerted to any potential problems which we will inform you about and help accordingly. This is all part of our service.
- Our friendly and helpful technical support staff are here 5 days a week to help on all support matters via telephone and email.
What are the benefits?
- Completely automatic and runs on your existing ICT systems.
- No tapes, tape drives, external hard drives, NAS drives or expensive backup software required. The backup software is free.
- No hardware maintenance costs such as stuck tapes and damaged tape drives.
- Simplified recovery of data. It really is very simple and data can be recovered to any device in the event of a server failure for example.
- Increased security and less risk as it is not necessary for any hardware to be stored offsite.
- Microsoft Exchange, Capita SIMS backup, Capita FMS backup, Microsoft SQL Server are all supported.
- A complete server snapshot is possible, so in the avent of a hardware failure of your server(s), a restore of your entire system is possible to a VM and your network can be up and running on different hardware with minimal downtime. This is our recommended backup option in most scenarios.
- No backup data limit, we can easily increase the storage space allocated to your secure offsite backup account.
- A fixed monthly cost that can be easily budgeted.
- We invoice quarterly and will alert you if you have reached your storage limit and you require increased storage space. Alternatively, you can clear data from your system to reduce the remote backup size. Perhaps, you have staff who have left and their data is no longer required to be backed up. We can certainly help give advice with this.
What can we do?
- Help you with a school disaster management plan.
- A business disaster recovery policy.
- An audit of your backup and data recovery procedures.
- GDPR and Data Protection Officer (DPO) audits and processes relating to backup and security of data.
- Compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Our friendly consulant, Andy will be able to help with any matters relating to GDPR compliance for remote backup.
What are the requirements?
You will need a broadband connection to the internet.