Secure Remote Backup for Business and Education
Offsite Data Backup Procedure
- Backup time configured and files or complete system selected for Secure Remote Backup.
- Data automatically compressed and encrypted for transmission.
- Data transmitted to the secure offsite data storage centre via your existing internet connection.
- Secure Remote Backup then mirrors the data automatically to the second data centre.
- Lost data can be easily retrieved through the Secure Remote Backup software interface directly to your system.
Offsite Data Backup for Schools and Business
- A broadband connection is necessary; however backups will take place nightly so will not affect a normal day’s internet usage.
- Approximately 5Gb hard disk free space is required. Data is streamed directly to the remote online backup server, so minimal disk space is required.
- Secure Remote Backup can run when the system is logged off, ideal for unattended servers.
- Installation can be carried out by the customer, alternatively we can do it all for you via a remote session, completely free of charge.
- Our offsite data backup service uses data compression and 256-bit AES encryption.
- Assists with compliance to the 7th Principal of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Supports all major operating systems, including Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Active Directory System State backup supported.
- Complete server snapshot supported, ideal for Virtual Machines (VM) or standard build servers.
- Supports the most common live systems including Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange.
- Supports educational software packages such as Capita SIMS and Capita FMS.
- Offsite backup services such as Secure Remote Backup can run alongside existing backup software such as Windows Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, Veritas or ARCserve.
- There is a minimum 30-day data retention, so for example you would be able to restore deleted data from anytime in the previous month.
- The Secure Remote Backup software uses Redstor client software, the leader in online backup software for education and business remote backup.
All schools and businesses lose data. It’s not a case of ‘if’ but ‘when’.